Cemetery Dance Publications will be producing a 6 volume set of King special editions from his early years at Doubleday.
We've signed an exclusive deal to produce a six volume set of special collectible editions of Stephen King's early books that were originally published by Doubleday back in the 1970s and early 1980s! These books are Carrie, 'Salem's Lot, The Shining, Night Shift, The Stand, and Pet Sematary, six classics of the horror genre and all-time Stephen King fan favorites!
The first in the series will be Carrie.
The first title in this special six volume set is Carrie, which will be published later this year and is available for preorder immediately. Other volumes in this series will follow approximately every six months after that and several acclaimed artists are already creating stunning art for these books. These special editions will feature exclusive bonus features such as introductions, afterwords, artwork, and even deleted material in some cases.
Special features exclusive to this special edition:
- an introduction by Stephen King detailing why he wrote the book
- a lengthy afterword by Tabitha King discussing the book's unbridled exploration of adolescent terror, sexuality, and the unknown
- deluxe oversized design (7 inches X 10 inches) featuring two color interior printing as part of the page design
- printed on a heavy interior specialty paper stock that is much thicker than the paper in a normal trade edition
- epic wrap-around full-color dust jacket artwork by Tomislav Tikulin
- a different full-color dust jacket for the Artist Edition painted by Tomislav Tikulin
- six full-color interior paintings by Tomislav Tikulin
- interior artwork will be printed on a heavy glossy stock and tipped into the book
- high-quality embossed endpapers and fine bindings for all editions
- full-page reproduction of the telegram Doubleday editor Bill Thompson sent Stephen King to announce the publisher was buying the book
- extremely collectible print run that is a tiny fraction of the TENS OF MILLIONS of copies of this novel you've seen in bookstores over the last 40 years!
There will be 3 versions of the book printed:
- Slipcased Oversized Hardcover Gift Edition of only 3,000 copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and embossed endpapers; and featuring a unique black-and-white limitation page ($85)
- Traycased Oversized Hardcover Artist Edition signed by the artist and limited to only 750hand-numbered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound with a different fine binding, two color hot foil stamping, and different embossed endpapers; featuring a full-color signature sheet signed by the artist; and housed in a traycase similar to our previous Stephen King traycased editions ($225)
- Traycased Oversized Hardcover Artist Lettered Edition signed by the artist and limited to 52hand-lettered copies printed in two colors on a specialty paper stock; bound in two different fine materials in a hand-made three piece binding featuring spine hubs, gilded page edges, two color hot foil stamping, and imported hand-marbled endpapers; featuring a different full-color signature sheet signed by the artist; and housed in a traycase similar to our LegaciesLettered Edition ($1000)
You can pre-order this very special edition HERE.