Lilja posted some pictures of his advance reader copy of Battleground. Battleground is a book commemorating the emmy award winning television show adapted from King's short story, as part of the Nightmares & Dreamscapes series.
A definitive collection of Stephen King’s classic short story with which was adapted for television by Richard Christian Matheson. We start with King’s short story and then move to R.C. Matheson’s script for the opening episode of “Nightmares and Dreamscapes”, which starred William Hurt and was directed by Brian Henson. Henson will provide storyboards used for the episode which won two Emmy awards. The book will contain one signature (8 pages) of color photos from TNT’s archives; photos never before released.
Those contributing include:
- Director Brian Henson
- Executive Producer Bill Haber
- Jeff Beal, who won an Emmy for his score for Battleground
- Actor William Hurt
- Michael Wright, Executive Vice President and Director of Programming for TNT
- Visual Effects director Sam Nicholson
- Producer Jeff Hayes
- Lee Romaire, Special Makeup and Effects Designer
- Gauntlet Press Publisher Barry Hoffman
Editing the book is Richard Christian Matheson, who also wrote the screenplay for the episode.
BONUS: Those purchasing the signed numbered and lettered edition from Gauntlet Press will get a free copy of the DVD of the "Battleground" episode.
You can still order the book from Gauntlet Press here.