Cemetery Dance has announced they will publish The Dark Man as Limited Edition Hardcovers on July 30th."Randall Flagg came to me when I wrote a poem called 'The Dark Man' when I was a junior or senior in college. It came to me out of nowhere, this guy in cowboy boots who moved around on the roads, mostly hitchhiking at night, always wore jeans and a denim jacket. I wrote the poem in the college restaurant on the back of a placemat, but that guy never left my mind."
— Stephen King
The Dark Man: An Illustrated Poem
by Stephen King
NOTE FOR COLLECTORS:
The first 5,000 trade hardcovers printed will be SLIPCASED and shrink-wrapped with a bonus, collectible Glenn Chadbourne Limited Edition bookmark featuring a Dark Man drawing that doesn't appear in the book! (Don't know what a slipcase is? Click here to see some photos of other ones we've produced.)
About the Book:
Stephen King first wrote about the Dark Man in college after he envisioned a faceless man in cowboy boots and jeans and a denim jacket forever walking the roads. Later this dark man would come to be known around the world as one of King's greatest villains, Randall Flagg, but at the time King only had simple questions on his mind: where was this man going? What had he seen and done? What terrible things...?
i have ridden rails...
More than forty years after Stephen King first wrote his breathtaking poem "The Dark Man," Glenn Chadbourne set out to answer those questions in this World's First Edition hardcover featuring more than 70 full-page illustrations from the talented artist behind The Secretary of Dreams.
i have slept in glaring swamps...
This Cemetery Dance Publications hardcover is a true marriage of words and art, with Chadbourne pulling the images from King's imagination and illustrating them in magnificent detail. You'll discover hidden layers and mysterious secrets for years to come as you return to these stunning pages.
i am a dark man...
So who is the Dark Man and why is he traveling the country? The answers are terrifying....
Key Details About Our World's First Edition:
• printed in a very limited and collectible print run — a tiny fraction of what a New York publisher normally prints for a new release
• heavily illustrated — a story told through the blending of King's words and the artwork
• the only trade hardcover edition planned at this time in any market
• beautifully designed with both the collector and general reader in mind
• the first 5,000 copies of World's First Edition, First Printing trade hardcover will be given the deluxe treatment: shrink-wrapped with a different dust jacket, a custom-made slipcase, and a collectible Glenn Chadbourne bookmark featuring a Dark Man drawing that doesn't appear in the book.
- Trade Hardcover ($25)
- SLIPCASED Trade Hardcover Shrink-Wrapped With Collectible Bookmark ($49.95)
- Deluxe Signed & Traycased Limited Edition ($350)
- Deluxe Traycased Signed & Lettered Edition ($1750)
You can purchase all of the editions HERE.
Some sample images by Glenn Chadbourne.